Friday, June 22, 2012

Here be dragons!

If there is one thing I love (and have loved ever since I was a little kid) it is dragons.

Another thing I love?  Tacos.  Yummy, am I right?

Well, today I stumbled upon a picture book in the bookstore called Dragons Love Tacos.  I would recommend it to anyone, even adults because it was funny and the illustrations were great!

Who doesn't love tacos?

This book got me thinking about other great books- chapter books in particular- with dragons.  Here are just a few of my favorites for kids who love dragons:
  •  A Friend For Dragon (and other Dragon Tales) by Dav Pilkey are silly and fun easy readers. 
  •  Good Night, Good Knight (and the other Good Knight books) by Shelley Moore Thomas are also easy readers featuring three very cute dragons and one very good knight.
  • Three Tales of My Father's Dragon by Ruth Stiles Gannett is a classic series, great for kids just starting to read longer chapter books
  • Jeremy Thatcher, Dragon Hatcher by Bruce Coville is a book I read when I was a kid and absolutely loved.  
  • Kenny and the Dragon by Tony D'Iterlizzi is a chapter book from the RICBA list two years ago, with a surprising dragon named Grahame and excellent illustrations
  • The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien has one of the most famous dragons in the history of dragons.  It's quite a challenging book, but try to read it before the movie comes out in December!

No comments:

Post a Comment