Monday, August 18, 2014

It has been such a terrific summer to dive into a good book ~ not too hot, not too cool. I have read so many wonderful books this summer, I wish I could share them all! One of my favorites stories for the fifth grade is Sahara Special, by Esme Raji Codell. This book is about a fifth grade girl who has difficulty with school and learning. She has given up on school and although she is capable, she spends her time at school doing very little...Until one day she meets her new teacher, Miss Pointy. From that point on, everything changes. I love this book because it is a book about hope. It is a book about unlocking the special places within us that make us unique and special. It celebrates children for who they are. It is also a book about writing and how our stories, written down, can make a dramatic impact on others. I can't say enough wonderful accolades about Sahara Special!
Image result for sahara special


No comments:

Post a Comment